So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6-7
I tell everyone I work with who’s going through an extended tough time: Make time to feed the roots. Here are seven ways to begin doing that:
- Listen to a good sermon—at least once a week.
- Sing a hymn or praise song—any time you need your spirit lifted.
- Read a Psalm (or five)—every morning.
- Write a letter to God—whenever you struggle to pray.
- Memorize a scripture verse—and then memorize another.
- Practice saying thanks—to God and to the people in your life.
- Find someone to forgive—today.